yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kept forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
Huddled together in his beat up N30 Toyota pickup in the middle of the Nevada desert, they sit staring up at the stars through the clouded, dirt stained windscreen. Hands intertwined and headbanging in time, they are having the time of their lives. Well, Mulder would like to think so. Scully wasn’t such a fan of the idea of being dragged into the middle of the desert in search of UFOs, but Mulder swayed her with the promise of something spectacular, intimate moments and a mixtape made in her honor.
She couldn’t help but grin at Mulder’s attempt of serenading her with what he liked to call their theme song, Baby, I Love You by her favourite band.
She felt like the luckiest girl on the planet.
"His name is Gaylord."
this cat is me
I never thought I would be a person with an FAQ until I did start to get the same questions every single day, so here we are, a mass post about journals, to answer every single question I’ve ever received…